Monday, June 1, 2009

June is bustin' out all over...

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:3

It's the first day of June, it's bustin' out all over - and I am bustin' with happiness and love for the Lord! Such a gorgeous day in the city of Richmond calls for a post with a verse regarding some beautiful analogy of the outdoors.

I love it when passages refer to God's believers and followers as trees. It really is the most beautiful symbol of growth in nature. There is another passage in Isaiah that refers to believers as "...Oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor" (60:3).

Such glorious branches that reach toward the heavens, and offer shade to creatures on earth, an homes for creatures of the sky. Such towers of strength. Such deeply-rooted, and fruit-bearing things we are referred to as. I love it.

With this, I'll leave you all with one of my new favorite clips from youtube. If you're familiar with the Rogers and Hammerstein classic, "Carousel," then you've probably heard/had it stuck in your head many times, the song "June is Bustin' Out All Over." When I was a little girl, I would count down the days until I would be able to sing that song (and it be in season). I've been humming it happily to myself all morning long.

This clip is a little different from the original...I think you'll get a good giggle in, whether or not you're familiar with the song!

Click here for Leslie Uggam's rendition of June is Bustin' Out All Over!


Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment