Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Who am I?

"You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great."
2 Samuel 22:36


I am currently on hold, ready to pounce on a potential advertiser for the PO - and the song by Casting Crowns "Who Am I" keeps running through my head. I am definitely the type of person who sings all day long, and probably drive my c0-workers in the office very crazy. This song has been on repeat in my office, all day, also driving my co-workers crazy. It has played nineteen times since 9 am. It's a good song, what can I say?

At St. Giles, my home church, I and 21 others are preparing to go on a mission's trip to the Dominican Republic. Since only a handful (2-3 team members) of us speak Spanish quasi-fluently, and others (including my French-speaking self) can barely utter a broken "hola" when it is required of us, we rely greatly on musical dramas in order to get the message of the love of Christ to the Dominicans.

One of our dramas is to the song "Who Am I." If you haven't heard the song, I strongly suggest you familiarize yourself with it. It is powerful. Click this link to see a youtube video example of the drama we are going to perform in the DR! It is seriously cool - I just hope that we can get the black lights through security!

I am a flower quickly fading
here today, and gone tomorrow
a wave tossed in the ocean
a vapor in the wind
still you hear me when I'm calling
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling
and you told me who I am: I am Yours.
- "Who am I?" Casting Crowns

This particular passage has always stood out to me. God cares so much for us, He stoops down to make us great. Where would we be without our God? Thank God, He cares enough for us to shield us, and make us victorious in our battles!

No comments:

Post a Comment